What does it do?
The Homelink handyperson can carry out small repairs and adaptations to the homes of older, disabled and vulnerable residents living within Woking Borough. The handyperson will visit on a date that has been pre-arranged with you and will arrive in a marked van and uniform so that you can easily identify them.
The service offers:
- help with the small jobs that you find difficult to do or can't find anyone else to do at a reasonable cost
- a personal, friendly and prompt service
- advice and practical help on how to stay safe and secure in your home.
The handyperson can provide:
- minor aids and adaptations, such as second stair rails, grab rails and half steps
- minor essential repairs, such as changing light bulbs, fitting smoke alarms and detectors, putting up curtains
- a home security service, including advice and installation of items such as key safes, door chains and locks
- home safety checks and work such as securing rugs, carpets and trailing wires.
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
What to expect then:
A staff member will discuss your needs and assist you in deciding the best course of action, help you with any form filling, and give you clear advice on your rights.