Dudley Home Improvement Servicehome maintenance and repair to live independently
What does it do?
Our home improvement service offers a range of products and services to Dudley Borough homeowners and private rental tenants (who are responsible for their rental home's maintenance). We provide a complete home repairs, improvements and adaptations service and are part of a national network of over 300 home improvement agencies.
We can help you to improve your home, adapt it to better suit your needs if you have a disabled family member or to access funds to help you to repair your property. Our services include:
- Arranging property repairs, home improvements or adaptations on your behalf
- Providing help and professional advice on finding suitable finance for these works
- Providing general advice, assistance and ongoing support throughout the process
We provide a personal service tailored to each client’s needs, guiding you through the process of carrying out works to your home. We particularly aim to help vulnerable residents who need to carry out repairs to their properties but are struggling to finance this.
Our complete service includes:
- A free home survey to discuss the works that are required
- A detailed discussion of the options available to pay for the works - these might include affordable loans that we can assist with or grants that may be available.
- A complete project management service is offered. We will handle everything - from finding suitable, approved builders, to overseeing the works and even making payments to the builders – ensuring complete peace of mind.
- A full assessment of needs. This means that we will look at a range of ways to help improve your home situation. This could include advice on benefits that you could be entitled to and other support services that could help you, such as community alarms support, home security services or even home energy grants.
Who it is for?
Dudley homeowners and private rental tenants
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
To contact us to discuss our service in more detail please call 01384 815 118.
A range of information leaflets are available from us outlining our services – these can also be downloaded from our website.
Complete our enquiry form at https://customer.dudley.gov.uk/service-request/council-enquiry/?form=&To=&Cc=&contactNumber=&contact=&ref=SO-01206