Information and AdviceInformation & Advice Service
What does it do?
Telephone Advice Service
Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm
01670 784 800
We provide free confidential, impartial and independent advice for the over 50s, their families, carers and organisations working with them across a wide range of subjects.
The telephone advice service is open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm, and can be accessed by calling: 01670 784 800
Our advisers are trained to help you on the following topics:
- Social care - such as finding a care home or getting some help at home, and how it's funded.
- Your income - including free benefits checks, help with applying for benefits and pension advice.
- Your home - information on staying warm at home, home adaptations and how to prevent falls.
- Legal issues - such as wills, Power of Attorney, and how to deal with an estate.
- Social activities - local leisure, health and educational activities
Our high quality team of trained peer volunteers, supervised by a manager and supported by an administrator deal with over 3000 enquiries every year. They will listen to your enquiry and:
- Answer it themselves and advise you
- Send you written information
- Refer you to one of our specialist teams of advisers and advocates
- Refer or signpost you to other organisations for help (statutory and voluntary sector)