Adult Protection team

What does it do?

If you are worried that someone is being abused you need to share your worries with someone who can help.

Contact the Adult Protection team on 01952 385667.
If you do not want to do this, you can tell someone who will report your worries, such as a doctor or district nurse.  You can also call the
police on 0300 333 3000.

Your worries will be taken seriously. Staff will be sensitive and respect your confidence. Information may be shared with others,
including the police if it is necessary to protect any vulnerable person. You should be told if this is going to happen.

Who it is for?

If a vulnerable adult is harmed and cannot protect themselves we call
this adult abuse.  Abuse can happen in many different places such as:

  • Someone's own home
  • In a care home
  • In a hospital
  • In a day centre
  • In a public place

Where it is available?

Local service (Telford & Wrekin).

What it costs:

The service is free of charge

How to access or apply for it:

Contact the Adult Protection team on 01952 385667

Additional information:

The abuse can be of different types such as:

  • Physical abuse - being hit or slapped.
  • Emotional abuse - being threatened or bullied, or someone else making decisions for you.
  • Financial abuse - having money or property stolen, being tricked out of benefits.
  • Neglect - not being given enough to eat or drink; being given the wrong medication.
  • Sexual abuse - being touched or kissed when it is not wanted, being raped or made to listen to sexual comments.
  • Discrimination - ignoring religious beliefs, comments or jokes about someone's race or disability.


Info last updated:

Darby House Lawn Central, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 4JA