What does it do?
The service is available to assist older people in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole with a wide range of tasks such as:
- Driver Escorts ie; If you are frail or disabled, we can collect and accompany you to essential appointments
- Driver/Activity Companions ie; Collect and acompany you to appointments/social clubs/theatre trips etc
- Shopping Companions ie; Either collect and accompany you on shopping trips or shop on your behalf
- Home Companions ie; Visit you at home for a chat, help you sort out paperwork, assist with odd jobs in the home or assist with small garden projects etc
- Money Friends ie; Visit you at home to offer practical help with managing finances (but not financial advice)
Who it is for?
Community Works is a new service offering friendly and affordable support to people of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole who want a little bit of help.
Where it is available?
Local service (Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole).
What it costs:
We charge a simple £12 fee for any assistance EXCEPT driver escorts to ESSENTIAL appointments when we will only chage 40p per mile. We will charge £12 PLUS 40p per mile for activities which require a driver escort.
How to access or apply for it:
Call Community Works on 0300 111 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Info last updated:
Pokesdown Centre, 896 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH7 6DL