Sandwell Healthy HomesHome improvement agency in Sandwell
What does it do?
Examples of services:
- A resident wanting to down size, not being able to deal with bills getting repairs done.
- Look at how the client can be more energy efficient in their home - small changes that make a difference.
- Help eligible residents to access the Warm Homes Discount – a one-off reduction of £140 to electricity bills
- Getting aids and adaptations for the client - making life easier and safer: - whether it is CoPD, respiratory problems, broken hip, arthritis etc.
- Using the Handy Persons Scheme – 3 hours per year and we also give £100 towards materials.
- Information on travel options for residents – Ring and Ride, taxis, Blue Badge.
- Useful information about other services – Welfare Rights, waste collection, NHS.
- Getting support in the home from carers - daily, weekly – to provide personal care, housework etc.
- Help for hoarders or recluses – when the client needs extra care and guidance to find their way without feeling pressurised
- Help and guidance when residents have returned from hospital – changes that need to be made such as beds to be moved, furniture removed etc.
Who it is for?
The Healthy Homes Project officer can provide a range of support to vulnerable residents, regardless of whether they are a home owner, a council tenant, live in social housing or private rented accommodation
Where it is available?
What it costs:
If you would like further information about any of these services, please telephone us on 0121 569 5232 or complete our online enquiry form.
How to access or apply for it:
Residents can contact the Healthy Homes officer direct. We also welcome referrals from other organisations.
Just give Sandwell Council’s Home Improvement Agency a call on 0121 569 2935 and ask for Cathy Leyser – Healthy Homes Project Officer