Sandwell Council ASSIST

What does it do?

If you are ill, disabled, or are taking on new caring responsibilities, you may need support, advice, information or practical help. We can
advise you on, or help you to arrange, a variety of services to assist you.

We can help you with
  • advice and information, helping you to access the services you need
  • equipment to support you in your home, including telecare
  • Blue Badges.

Who it is for?

If you are an adult and need some help or advice for yourself or for someone you are caring for, you should contact Sandwell Council ASSIST

Where it is available?

Local service (Sandwell).

What it costs:

The service is free of charge.

How to access or apply for it:

Sandwell Council ASSIST
Tel: 0845 352 2266
Fax: 0121 569 5789
Address: Sandwell Council ASSIST, PO Box 15825, Oldbury, B69 9EL.
Lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday.

What to expect then:

When you ring, one of our experienced customer services staff will answer your call. We will spend time talking to you on the phone to find out exactly what information, support and help you need.
First we will ask you some questions about your circumstances in order to find out what level of support or services you want. If you would like general information about services that can help you, we will be able to point you in the right direction. We can also make referrals to other services for you when this is needed.
If appropriate we will carry out an assessment of your needs to see what help we can give you. You can find out more about
this in our section on assessments.
If you need more support, or are in a crisis situation, we will refer you quickly to the more specialist services you need.
We work closely with social workers and other health and social care professionals, who are located in the same building or nearby.


Info last updated: