Homelink Home Improvement Agency Servicehome improvement service to help independent living
What does it do?
Homelink is part of the Council's Home Independence Team and offers advice, support and assistance to elderly, disabled or vulnerable people who own or privately rent their home in Woking Borough and who wish to adapt, repair or improve it in order to continue living there.
The Home Independence service offers:
- Home visits by a Homelink caseworker
- Benefits advice and checks to see whether you are entitled to any financial help
- Help to identify what adaptations or improvements your home needs
- Advice on how to pay for the work including help with applying for loans, grants and other forms of financial assistance
- Arranging works though the Disabled Facilities Grant scheme. See https://www.woking.gov.uk/community/older/homeindependence/homelink/disabledfacilitiesgrant
- Advice on finding and employing reputable contractors
- Project managing work, including support and advice once the work starts and monitoring the work as it progresses
- Sign posting to other services you might find useful.
More information on the Home Independence Service can be found in our leaflet.
Who it is for?
elderly, disabled or vulnerable people who own or privately rent their home in Woking Borough and who wish to adapt, repair or improve it in order to continue living there.
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
Homelink can be contacted by:
- Telephone: 01483 743668
- Email: email@example.com
- Online: complete our enquiry form at https://www.woking.gov.uk/housing/services/homelink