Home Improvement Agency ServiceCare and repair service in Runnymede
What does it do?
We operate a 'care and repair' home improvement service which provides advice and support to assist elderly, disabled and otherwise vulnerable people in the maintenance and adaptation of their homes.
We provide funding support through the Disabled Facilities Grant (Opens in a new window) (Opens in a new window) plus other discretionary grants and loans. We can help make your house safer and more comfortable and help you maintain your independence and dignity.
We have helped many eligible residents living in the borough with disabled adaptations such as level access showers, stair lifts and ramps and essential works like re-roofing, replacement windows and security features.
- provide guidance on grants available
- advise you on improvements, repairs and adaptations
- arrange home visits to help identify what repairs or adaptations are needed
- advise on how to pay for works, including help with applying for grants and loans
- draw up plans and work schedules
- help you select a reliable contractor
- provide support and advice during the works.
If you do not qualify and would still like us to arrange and oversee the work, we can do this for a small fee. We can also advise on how to find a reliable builder if you want to organise your own work.
Who it is for?
We can help if:
- you live in Runnymede and own your own home or rent from a private landlord or a Registered Social Landlord
- your home needs essential repairs or improvements or needs adapting to suit the needs of a disabled person (yourself or someone you care for).
To qualify, you will need to:
- be 60 years or over; or
- be disabled (or caring for someone disabled); or
- be on a low income or benefits
and have difficulty organising any necessary works.
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
See contact details above
If you feel you would benefit from Runnymede Care and Repair's services or would like to discuss anything in more detail please contact us and we will be happy to advise you.