Information and Advice Service - DerbyshireInformation and Advice Service for older people in Derbyshire
What does it do?
Age UK Derby and Derbyshire offers a free, confidential and independent information and advice service to older people and their friends and carers.
We can usually help directly but, if not, we can signpost you to someone who can.
Our information and advice can support you to make the best decision about the little things that can make a big difference and about major life changes. Our help can make the difference between living life and just managing.
- Older people and their carers can make more informed choices and achieve positive outcomes on a variety of issues affecting independence and wellbeing
- Older people feel empowered to use local services and support agencies now and in the future
- Reduced risk of crime, deception and elder abuse
- Increased income and older people able to enjoy a better standard of living including adequate heat, food, clothing and personal expenditure
- Older people feel supported and listened to and experience increased feelings of engagement, self-worth and care
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
What to expect then:
A trained and experienced advisor will discuss your concerns and try to provide all the information and advice you need to make an informed decision about what is best for you.
We can check your benefits to make sure you are getting everything you are entitled to, send factsheets on over 80 subjects, send you information leaflets and booklets, signpost you to local or national agencies and refer you to specialist agencies.
For some issues we would put you in contact with one of our specialist services, for example our Derbyshire Dales Housing Options Service can help with making decisions about where and how you live or if you experience difficulty getting your needs and wishes heard we can refer you to our Advocacy Service.
Or if you prefer you can pick up information guides on a wide variety of subjects at Age UK shops and our shops and services in Derbyshire.