Respite care

What does it do?

You will be visited by an assessment Officer who will talk to you about your needs and agree with you the level of care that you require. This will be written down in a care plan.

Who it is for?

Caring for someone who needs a lot of attention can be very tiring. If you or your carer needs a break from coping at home, a short respite care break may be helpful. Many residential homes offer short periods of respite care.

Where it is available?

Local service (Kingston upon Hull).

What it costs:

For a short or respite stay in a residential care home, a standard charge is applied. This is dependent on the type of residential care that you have been assessed as requiring.

How to access or apply for it:

If you already receive a package of care speak to your social worker about a break. Otherwise contact  01482 300 300.
Text phone: 01482 300 349

Alternatively, please visit any customer service centre at,98834&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL


Info last updated: