What does it do?
Community care, is about making available a range of services to help you to go on living in your own home. And, when required, we can also offer residential care, for short breaks or for the longer term. What kind of response can I expect when I ask for help:
- If it is an emergency situation, we will take urgent action to meet your immediate needs
- If you need advice we will always try to offer that advice immediately.
- In all cases, we will consider what sort of assessment you require by asking you about your needs and considering these against the Eligibility Criteria. This will show us whether you require:
- advice only
- or an assessment for a Standard Service
- or a full Community Care Assessment
- a Carers Assessment
We use the Eligibility Criteria to establish whether people are entitled to be considered for services and to ensure that people with the greatest needs, are given the highest priority. Please click on either of the above underlined links, to find out more about assessments.
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
Most services provided by Social Services are means tested, i.e. based upon how much the person receiving services can afford to pay. To work out the charge, a financial assessment is carried out and it normally needs information about your income, property and savings. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Any charges for services will always be fully explained to you before you commit yourself to anything. You will always be able to decide whether you wish to receive a particular service or not.
How to access or apply for it:
Write to East Riding of Yorkshire Council, County Hall, Beverley, HU17 9BA