Helping HandHome help in Coventry
What does it do?
Our specially selected, caring and friendly home assistants can work with you so that you can continue to live your life the way you want.
Our home assistants can help with tasks including:
- general cleaning, such as vacuuming carpets, dusting, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, and changing bedding
- helping you to get out and about, either on public transport or in the home assistant’s car
- accompanying you to wherever you want to go, such as the post office, shops, GP surgery, hospital, garden centre cemetery or to see friends and relatives
- laundry and ironing, including helping you to wash your clothes in the washing machine or hand-wash small items
- shopping for you or with you
- light gardening, such as mowing the lawn or weeding
- reading and writing letters
- paying bills
- walking your dog
- collecting your pension
- reading a book or newspaper to you
- enjoying a cup of tea and a chat with you, and maybe a game of cards
- your NEW gardening service
In a recent survey, nearly all of our service users stated that they felt the service had improved their quality of life a great deal.
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
We charge £13.20 an hour to cover the cost of providing a reliable and good quality service.
Age UK Coventry does not make a profit from the service.
We also offer a free service to ensure that you are getting all the state financial benefits to which you are entitled.
How to access or apply for it:
See contact details above