Coventry and District Osteoporosis Support Group
What does it do?
As a support group we work within a radius of up to 20 miles from Coventry and offer
- Advice, help and information;
- Several public meetings a year;
- The opportunity to meet others and share experiences;
- Fundraising events;
- Talks to groups;
- Primary school talks on bone health.
Who it is for?
- Newly diagnosed?
- Wondering how better to manage your condition?
- Someone caring for any of the above?
Where it is available?
Local service serving within 35km of CV13AY.
How to access or apply for it:
The Coventry and District Osteoporosis Support Group was formed in September 2004. We hold regular public information meetings but do not have membership to the group itself. We encourage our audiences to join the national organization since this is the most effective way of becoming informed about osteoporosis and the latest treatments and of influencing government policy towards osteoporosis.
Our aims are to
Our aims are to
- offer support to people with osteoporosis, their families and carers;
- promote the use of exercise classes to improve bone health;
- raise awareness of osteoporosis and bone health among people of all ages;
- fundraise for research into osteoporosis, to increase understanding of the disease and improve treatment options and patient care;
- work with health care professionals to facilitate greater understanding of the needs of people with osteoporosis;
- lobby for local improvements in osteoporosis diagnosis and treatment.
Activities, Information / Signposting / Gateway service, Support for carers / Relief Care / Respite Care
Info last updated:
Coventry, West Midlands