Home Repairs and Improvements
What does it do?
The service provides:
- Information and advice on how to identify areas in the home that require maintenance and arrange to have the work carried out by reliable and trustworthy contractors.
- Home visits to carry out safety and security checks that can include free installation of smoke detectors and crime prevention advice.
- Management of building works for people who are unable to arrange them for themselves.
- Financial assistance for home owners who cannot afford essential repairs (subject to eligibility).
- Home visits to carry out energy checks for older people who are finding it difficult to keep their homes warm in winter that includes advice and simple energy savings measures to reduce fuel bills.
- Signposting to partner agencies to help people access the services they need.