Home Safety and Improvement ServiceHome Safety and Improvement Service
What does it do?
The service provides:
- Information and advice on how to identify areas in the home that require maintenance and arrange to have the work carried out by reliable and trustworthy contractors.
- Home visits to carry out safety and security checks that can include free installation of smoke detectors and crime prevention advice.
- Management of building works for people who are unable to arrange them for themselves.
- Financial assistance for home owners who cannot afford essential repairs (subject to eligibility).
- Home visits to carry out energy checks for older people who are finding it difficult to keep their homes warm in winter that includes advice and simple energy savings measures to reduce fuel bills.
- Signposting to partner agencies to help people access the services they need.
Who it is for?
The Home Safety and Improvement Service help vulnerable adults living in Nottingham City to stay safe and independent in their own home.
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
To make a referral please call us on 0115 841 4460 or 0115 859 9260 or email from our website at https://www.ageuk.org.uk/notts/about-us/contact-us/