Cheshire East Care and Repair
What does it do?
If you are over 60, or have a disability, and need help with repairs oradaptations to your home and you live in the former district of Congleton, then we can help you. Our service offers:
- A Caseworker visit to you at home, to discuss how we can best meet your needs
- Information about ways to pay for repairs and adaptations, including assessing your eligibility for Council assistance
- Help to apply for financial assistance
- Drawing up plans and specifications
- Getting quotes from reputable contractors
- Overseeing the work to ensure it is completed satisfactorily
- Telling you about other services that can help you
We also have an Accident Prevention Service, where a handyperson carries out small repairs and jobs around your home.
Who it is for?
People who over 60 or have a disability
Where it is available?
What it costs:
All information and advice we offer to you is given free of charge.
If you ask us to obtain quotes for repairs or adaptations, there is a small charge for our time. This is slightly different depending on how the work is being funded.