Respite and Convalescence Care
What does it do?
At Brendoncare Knightwood in Chandlers Ford, Hampshire, we offer a range of respite care services which give older people and their carers short-term breaks. For respite care, convalescence support or just a chance to catch your breath, we can help.
Intermediate Care Unit - three spacious, pleasant en-suite nursing rooms available within our short-stay unit. Caring, expert staff focus on well-being, independence and a return to 'home life' as soon as possible.
The highly flexible services cover:
- Post-operative convalescence – for people recovering from surgery who need care, reassurance and confidence before returning home
- Rehabilitation - for people recovering from an illness, a fall, or a stroke perhaps
- Support for couples – if one partner’s care needs have increased, the second may temporarily need some extra help and support. We have adjoining rooms available.
- Families in Crisis – we can provide valuable ‘breathing time’ while families recover from a setback or need time to look into long-term nursing or residential care options. Helps avoid rushed decisions and costly, disruptive mistakes.
- Respite – people who are caring for an elderly relative or friend can call on us to provide a respite service, on a regular, occasional or one-off basis. Respite care gives support to families and allows carers to take a valuable break or holiday.
Supported Care Apartment – we also have a self-contained, well-appointed two bedroom apartment available for short-term rent for people over 50 who need respite care, convalescence support or just a break. You would enjoy full access to Knightwood’s excellent facilities as well as the peace of mind which comes from knowing care and support services are on hand 24 hours a day. This apartment is ideal for couples or other two-somes.