London Borough of Waltham Forest Home Care
What does it do?
Help may be provided with:
- Washing and dressing, according to need
- Transferring from bed to chair, or commode, using equipment where needed
- Eating and drinking, including delivery of meals if appropriate
- Using incontinence aids and dealing with soiled clothing
- Supervision only of taking of medication
- Maintaining basic hygiene in rooms used
Who it is for?
The services which we provide are specifically designed to help people with a disability, and others, to continue to live independently and safely in their own homes. Services are for people:
- Living in Waltham Forest
- Of any age, needing help with personal care tasks (e.g. washing, dressing, toileting)
- With physical disabilities (e.g. needing help to get in and out bed or a chair, or go to the toilet)
- Who are vulnerable, because of confusion, learning difficulties and mental health problems, or drugs and alcohol abuse, and who also need help with personal care
- Who have loss of sight or hearing
- With HIV/AIDS
- Carers of people who meet any of these criteria
Where it is available?
Local service (Waltham Forest).
What it costs:
We do charge for this service. How much you may pay depends on:
- The cost of the services you receive
- Our assessment of your weekly income
How to access or apply for it:
Call Waltham Forest Direct on 020 8496 3000
The latest quality rating of this service by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) shows: 3 Stars - Excellent
Info last updated:
Forest Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 4JF