Huntingdon Mencap Society
What does it do?
We work with people with a learning disability to change laws and services, challenge prejudice and directly support thousands of people to live their lives as they choose.
We do so many different things. For example:
- We support people with a learning disability to get a job or take a college course, or we can help them find a place of their own to live in.
- We offer advice about things like respite care, individual budgets or transport services.
- We run residential/day care services and leisure groups that are so important to so many people with a learning disability, and their families and supporters.
- We support people with a learning disability to be part of their local communities.
- We lobby the government to change laws so that more and more people with a learning disability can have control over their own lives.
Who it is for?
Mencap offers a variety of specialist support services to people with a learning disability, their families and carers.
Where it is available?
Local service (Huntingdonshire).
How to access or apply for it:
For further information call 01480 450596.
The latest quality rating of this service by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) shows: 2 Stars - Good
Information / Signposting / Gateway service, Support for carers / Relief Care / Respite Care, Transport Services, Personal care at home (registered)
Info last updated:
Stanley House, 10-11 Orchard Lane, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 3QT