Preston Care & RepairHealthy homes, healthy people
What does it do?
Our experienced healthy home technicians will help you to stay on top of minor household repairs and DIY.
No job is too small – we can help with everything from changing a light bulb through to more complex jobs such as repairs to fixtures and fittings, small plumbing jobs and joinery. We can also fit minor adaptations such as grab rails, additional hand rails and simple access ramps as well as removing trip and fall hazards.
- Fit grab rails (indoors/outdoors)
- Fit hand/stair rails (indoors/outdoors)
- Change light bulbs
- Level uneven flags
- Cut back shrubs and bushes (where they cause an obstacle to safe access to your home/garden)
- Power wash/grit access routes to home/garden
- Re-arrange furniture to improve mobility/independence e.g. move a bed downstairs or remove obstacles
- Relocate or fix trailing wires
- Minor plumbing work – such as repair a dripping tap, replace washers or unblock sinks
- Fit curtain rails or hang curtains
- Put up shelves or hang pictures
- Repair fixtures and fittings e.g. faulty cupboard doors
- Help to de-clutter
- Fit key safes
- Renew bath/shower sealant
- Replace toilet seats
- Assemble flat-pack furniture
- Connect-up a washing machine or dishwasher
- Clear gutters (Single storey buildings only)
- Small painting jobs – such as repainting a ceiling after a water leak or patching up around a repair
- Install draught proofing
- Re-fit doors (internal & external)
- Seal windows & doors
- Bleed radiators
- Make referrals for boiler repairs & replacement
- Fit door chains & door viewers
- Replace or fit additional door locks
- Fit internal window locks
- Security lighting (solar-powered only)
- Make repairs to windows and doors
One off jobs for a maximum of 2hrs for 1 technician
- Cut back overgrown bushes and shrubs that are causing an obstruction to access home/garden
- Cut back an overgrown garden – with a view to enable regular garden maintenance to take place by the clients or a gardening service
- Weather protective treatment of essential outbuildings – such as sheds or garage doors (we do not paint/protect gazebos, pagodas, garden furniture or fence panels)
- Repair or replace fence panels
- Fit or repair gates; install locks or bolts on gates; weather protective treatment of gates.
Who it is for?
We provide services for older, disabled and vulnerable people living in Central Lancashire (Preston, South Ribble & Chorley) and West Lancashire
Where it is available?
What it costs:
A minimum charge of £15 including VAT for the first hour (or part of) then £7.50 including VAT for every subsequent half hour, plus the cost of materials.
How to access or apply for it:
Can we help?
Call us on 01772 204096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org