Dorset County Council - Care At Home Service
What does it do?
The Home Care service in Dorset provides a personal and practical service for people to help them stay independent and remain in their own homes.
Our care staff may provide help with any of the following:
- getting up and going to bed
- washing and dressing
- making sure you have something to eat
- going to the toilet
Who it is for?
You may be eligible for home care if:
- you find personal tasks difficult and need essential help to stay independent.
- you need help because of a disability.
- you care for someone who is elderly or disabled and can't look after themselves.
- you are living at home and will be at risk if assistance is not provided to you.
- you are a family with young children having temporary difficulties (for example: mum or dad is in hospital or convalescing).
Where it is available?
Local service (East Dorset, West Dorset, Weymouth & Portland, North Dorset, Purbeck).
What it costs:
You will be charged the standard rate as detailed below for the total home care services stated in your care plan, unless you are assessed as not being eligible to pay the full cost.
How to access or apply for it:
For further information call 01305 221 000 or email email@example.com.
The latest quality rating of this service by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) shows: 2 Stars - Good
Info last updated:
County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester, Dorset, DT1 1XJ