Respite Care

What does it do?

Respite care can include a short stay in residential or other accommodation, services from a care worker at the cared for person's home, or support with leisure and other activities outside home. We can provide care workers who will give support in the cared for person's home whilst the carer goes out, or for an overnight stay. Respite may be provided in the form of meals on wheels or other homecare support. Longer term respite care is generally provided in a residential home or other accommodation, usually for an overnight stay but possibly for a longer time.

Who it is for?

Respite care may be available to give carers and the people they are caring for a break.

Where it is available?

Local service (Fylde, Hyndburn, Lancaster, South Ribble, West Lancashire, Wyre, Burnley, Chorley, Pendle, Preston, Ribble Valley, Rossendale).

What it costs:

People who access respite care may be required to contribute towards the cost. A financial assessor will visit to discuss how much someone will need to contribute towards the cost of their care, and to ensure they are receiving all the benefits they are entitled to.

How to access or apply for it:

For further information call 0845 053 0000

Additional information:

The latest quality rating of this service by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) shows: 3 Stars - Excellent


Info last updated:

PO Box 78, County Hall, Fishergate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8XJ