Care South - Home Care Services
What does it do?
Home care is also referred to as domiciliary care. It involves professional, highly trained staff helping clients with everything from domestic chores and shopping, making meals and arranging travel to and from hospital and other appointments to simply providing companionship.
Home care can be ongoing, short term, or called upon from time-to-time, and includes the following:
- Personal Care – Mobility, washing and dressing, bathing, assistance with medication, showering and continence support.
- Night Care – help with overnight care to give family members or your other carers a night or two off.
- Sitting Service – taking care of you while your family members or carers go out or take a break.
- Meal Arrangements – helping you with all aspects of your meals, including planning, shopping, preparation and even assistance with eating.
- Shopping Service – taking care of shopping, unpacking and putting away.
- Domestic Assistance – help with light housework such as cleaning and laundry.
- Travel Assistance & Companionship – providing transport and company to and from appointments, shopping and other trips.
- Return From Hospital Support – collecting you from hospital, preparing your home for arrival, arranging weekly shopping and assisting with your household administration, medication collection and personal care.
- Home Support – helping you with everyday activities such as household administration, cooking, using modern technology and moving house.