Home Improvement Agency Service
What does it do?
Types of support
- Major repairs to their homes such as leaking roofs, damp or electrical problems.
- Advice, support and project management of large jobs.
- Help to find finance for any required work, such as a loan product or support to help you access other services available, assistance is provided in accordance with the Private Sector Housing Assistance Policy (PSHAP) which can be downloaded below.
- Help to identify somewhere more suitable to live.
- Help with moving house.
- If you’re financing your own work help finding a builder or managing the work.
Main services are available
- Home improvement assistance can be provided where remaining in your own home is the most sustainable option. A financial assessment will determine the most suitable loan product for you.
- Energy efficiency assistance can be offered where a home is considered to be fuel poor.
- Housing assistance will be offered in cases where a home improvement loan is not considered appropriate but the suitability of your current home is in question.