Ageing Well - Exercise Activities For EveryoneAgeing Well Activities
What does it do?
Growing older doesn’t mean you need to stop doing things you like to do, which help you keep fit and active.
Ageing Well is the local Age UK service that promotes better health for men and women aged 50 and over throughout North Staffordshire. All our exercise-based activities can also help prevent you from falling by improving strength and balance.
Adding life to years
We aim to improve the quality of life: adding years to life and life to years!
We do this by encouraging older people to enjoy a healthy lifestyle — keeping as physically, socially and mentally active as possible by taking part in our stimulating and enjoyable range of group activities.
How we can help
With help and support from qualified staff and trained volunteers. Ageing Well activities can bring many health benefits, such as:
• Gaining more energy
• Keeping your mind active
• Helping with weight control
• Improving your sleep
• Promoting good mental health
• Reducing the risks of falling, heart disease, strokes, raised cholesterol, stress, arthritis and osteoporosis
• Gaining confidence and self-esteem
• Meeting new people and making new friends