Home Improvement Agency Service

What does it do?

The Home Improvement Agency helps vulnerable people to remain independent in their chosen homes. The Agency can arrange home repairs, adaptations or improvements to keep homes warm, safe and secure.

Any owner-occupier, council, housing association or private tenant living in the London Boroughs of Richmond upon Thames or Wandsworth can use the service.

They can advise and help:

  • older homeowners who need to repair, maintain, improve or adapt their home, and
  • any household with a disabled person who wants to remain living independently at home, whether you own or rent your home from the council, a private landlord or a housing association.

Assistance can include instructing and supervising builders and providing advice on finding appropriate finance. Please contact the service for more information.