Waltham Forest Home Improvement

Help to to repair, improve, maintain or adapt your home

What does it do?

Working in partnership with the London Borough of Waltham Forest we manage the Council’s disabled facilities grants programme.

- Our team includes case workers, occupational therapists and technical officers. We can provide advice on applying for a disabled facilities grant including support with all the paperwork.

- Our case workers can provide advice on paying for the cost of the work, especially where you may not qualify for a grant or where the grant will not meet the full cost of the work required. We can also provided advice on any benefits that you may be entitled to.
Our occupational therapists can provide advice on any adaptations that are required to meet your needs and can draw up details of the work required.

- Our technical officers can prepare specifications for the works required and provide any necessary drawings. They will also make sure where necessary that any work complies with building regulations and they will also apply for planning permission where this is required. Any work arranged by the HIA is carried out by contractors on our register and our technical officers will make sure that any work arranged by us is properly carried out.

Who it is for?

for older and vulnerable people

We all want to live independently at home in a warm, safe and secure environment. If your needs change you may need to consider repairs, improvements or adaptations to make sure you can continue to live safely and well at home.

Where it is available?

Local service (Waltham Forest).

What it costs:

In certain circumstances we may charge a fee for our services. Where this applies this will be explained to you in advance. In many cases the fee will be included in any grant you may be offered by the Council.

How to access or apply for it:

To find out more about the service please call us on 020 8520 6347 or email us at WalthamForestHIA@metropolitan.org.uk


Info last updated: