Support for Independent Living in StaffordshireHelp to to repair, improve, maintain or adapt your home
What does it do?
Information and advice
Our customer advisors are on hand to help you understand the services available to support your independent living. This could be advice on equipment, home adaptations or assistive technology. We’ll help you find your way through the many different services available in your area, so you can understand your options and find the best solution for you, or your friends and family.
Through working directly with you, we are able to identify your strengths, to provide you with personalised options to help maximise and maintain your independence at home.
This could include:
- recommending adaptations for your home
- housing options, including support to find alternative accommodation such as sheltered or extra care housing
- recommending forms if assistive technology is required
- assessing you for grant assistance to fund home adaptations, known as ‘disabled facility grants’
Our experienced caseworkers and thorough surveys will manage the entire process for you from beginning to end, including:
- supporting you to access funding, grants or loans
- designing the works to meet your needs
- gaining permission for the works with your property owner (if required)
- selecting and managing the building contractors
Our award winning home improvement agency service is here to offer you peace of mind to support your independent living.
Who it is for?
We provide Support for Independent Living in Staffordshire (SILIS). Our service enables vulnerable, older and disabled people to adapt their homes to protect and enhance their independent living.
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
See contact details above, or
Complete our contact form at