Home ImprovementsHome Improvement Agency, grants for repairs and adaptions
What does it do?
You may be eligible for help if you, or someone you live with, cannot use vital parts of your home because of a disability. Contact our Access Team to arrange a meeting with an occupational therapist. They will assess your needs and see if you need extra equipment.
The grant could help you:
- install a stairlift
- build ramps or widen doors
- adapt your kitchen or bathroom
Disabled Facilities Grants cannot be paid for work already started or finished. We have produced a guide to adapting your home to help with the process.
A hospital discharge grant can be used to make minor repairs or adapt your home if needed.
Contact us to arrange a home visit - we can offer advice on grants you may be eligible for.
Contact us to see if you could claim one of the following grants or loans:
- Flexible Home Improvement Loan - available to householders of 60 or over with a range of repayment schemes
- Decent Homes Grant [218kb] Opens new window - available to help bring properties up to the decent homes standard
- Flood Resilience Grant - available to help pay for flood protection
- Grant for Work Affecting Health and Safety
Who it is for?
Older or vulnerable people
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
Contact Reading Council on 0118 937 3787