Home Improvement Agency ServiceHome improvement Agency in Richmond
What does it do?
Once a Referral has been received by the Agency we will visit you at home to discuss your needs and we may offer advice and guidance in the following areas:
- help you apply for grants and/or alternative sources of funding such as, equity release or charitable funding
- conduct technical surveys
- arrange for estimates or specifications
- help find suitable builders to carry out the work
- supervise the work through to satisfactory completion
- signpost/refer you to other agencies to access welfare benefits, concessions or services
- if required, set out housing options if you want to consider moving to more suitable accommodation
Who it is for?
Depending on the actual works required any owner-occupier, private tenant or housing association tenant living in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames can access our service.
Typically most of our work is requested by the Occupational Therapist Service to support clients who are having difficulty getting around their home due to a physical disability or sensory impairment.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
Our advisory service is free and confidential. If you decide to carry out work with the support of our Agency surveyors we will usually charge a fee which will vary according to the complexity and cost of the work. If you qualify for a grant the fee may be included in the grant.
How to access or apply for it:
For further advice or help please contact:
Richmond Home Improvement Agency
London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
Ground Floor Civic Centre
44 York Street
Twickenham TW1 3BZ
Tel No: 020 8891 7436