Neighbourhood Watch ScotlandNeighbourhood Watch Scotland
What does it do?
The concept originated in the United States and was introduced into the UK in the 1980s. Behind it lies a very simple ideaWorking together can help to improve your community.
Neighbourhood Watches can be large, covering most of the households on an estate, or they might involve just a few houses. They may meet frequently, or keep in touch via e-mail or social media. There really is no 'one size fits all' approach to Neighbourhood Watch. Neighbourhood Watch adapts to fit the community it serves. Quite simply it's "Your Watch, Your Way"
What are the benefits of Neighbourhood Watch?
- Areas of local concern can be addressed
- Your problem becomes a shared problem
- People work together to make communities safer
- You can work together with other NW Schemes, the police and other partners
- Opportunity to know your neighbours, local police officers and other service providers
- Being a member of NW may secure a discount on your house insurance
- Download our leaflet on the benefits of Neighbourhood Watch and how to get involved.
You can search for your local Neighbourhood Watch scheme, here: https://www.neighbourhoodwatchscotland.co.uk/LocalArea