Disability NorthAdvice and information service for disabled people in the North
What does it do?
We provide a range of information, advice and support services relating to all aspects of disability. Our quality advice and support is free, confidential and impartial. We also work to support healthcare professionals and carers.
The services we provide are:
- Talks & Workshops – We deliver a range of free informative group workshops on accessing welfare benefits, completing PIP forms, support for direct payments users and their personal assistants and more.
- Welfare Benefits – We provide one-to-one advice on disability benefits, how to claim them, support to complete the relevant forms and representation at tribunal if required.
- Personal Assistant Vacancies – We advertise a range of personal assistant employment opportunities.
- Independent Living – One-to-one advice on the suitability of domestic independent living equipment and how to access it. All under the guidance of a fully-qualified Occupational Therapist in our bespoke demonstration areas.
- Direct Payments/ Personal Budgets/ Payroll – One-to-one support on using the direct payments service for families living in Newcastle, including recruiting a personal assistant, employment support, personal budgets, and payroll service.
- Training – We offer a range of essential contemporary training for healthcare professionals, carers and anyone with an interest in disability. Some courses are CPD-accredited.