Common Housing Register

Council housing in Rugby

What does it do?

Instead of different waiting lists, the council works with housing associations in Rugby to produce a Common Housing Register.

Eligible applicants only have to fill in one application form to be considered for housing by the council or a housing association operating in Rugby.

The council operates a waiting list system, with applicants at the top of the list offered vacant properties. A banding system determines the applicant's housing priority.

We review an applicant's housing priority when more than three offers of accommodation, deemed reasonable by the council, have been refused by the applicant.

If the review concludes the applicant had no justifiable reason to refuse the offers, we reduce the applicant's banding priority by one level (eg from band two to band three).

Who it is for?

Older people searching for council accommodation in Rugby

Where it is available?

Local service (Rugby).

How to access or apply for it:

To apply for a council home, you need to contact our housing options team. The team offers drop-in sessions at the Town Hall from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

You can call the team on (01788) 533833 or email


Info last updated: