Chain ReactionSupport to live independently in Newcastle
What does it do?
We are outcome-focused and our staff will support people to meet their needs in a creative and person-centred way. We aim to include the following three elements in the support we offer people.
1. One-to-one personalised support
This will be different for each person, and could include:
- support to address health issues
- support around budgeting
- help to make phone calls or deal with correspondence
- being someone to talk to who knows the individual
- domestic skills, such as food preparation
2. Connecting people to their community
- This might include:
- help to get out and do the shopping
- finding out what’s going on in the community and local area
- help to reconnect or get involved with local groups and activities
3. Connecting people to others and creating a network of natural support
- We want to help to prevent people feeling lonely by:
- having some support to come to groups and meeting new people
- making new friends, or reconnecting with family or old friends who are important to the individual
- connecting with people who have shared interests
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
There are three levels of support that we provide:
- Prevention (free low-level support, funded by Public Health)
- Foundation (£40.62 per week)
- Life Skills (£61.42 per week)
The Life Skills level allows for a longer visit or an extra visit each week, to allow people’s individual needs to be met.
How to access or apply for it:
Please call the number best suited to the area of Newcastle upon Tyne you live in.
Central and North: 0300 300 7070
East: 0791 768 6658
West: 0191 273 7443
This is an additional service which provides a wide range of opportunities for fun, friendship, food, shopping trips, and excursions close to where people live, giving them the chance to meet up with friends and make new ones. To find out more or to request an appointment with one of the team, please contact us on 0300 300 7070 (local rate).