Housing Related SupportHousing related support in Bradford
What does it do?
Housing related support services help people to live independently or move on to independent living, this can include people receiving support to:
• set up and maintain their home
• manage safety and security of their accommodation
• maintain their health and wellbeing
• develop their life skills, such as cooking, cleaning and budgeting skills
• apply for benefits
• access other services
• get advice and advocacy in connection with housing or tenancy matters
Who it is for?
Housing related support services help people to live independently or move on to independent living. There are many different groups of people who may benefit from housing related support, including:
• older people or frail elderly
• people with mental health problems
• homeless people
• people with physical or sensory disabilities
Where it is available?
What it costs:
This depends on the type of service you wish to access. You will not be expected to pay for short-term services eg homeless hostels.
There is a charge for longer term housing related support services, whether you will need to pay for housing related support or contribute towards costs will depend on your personal circumstances.
How to access or apply for it:
If you would like to access a housing related support service, you can contact the service direct or you can ask your Social Worker or Probation Officer, Incommunities Open Moves or the Access Team to help you to apply.
You can talk to:
• your Social Worker
• your Probation Officer
• Housing Options Service - 01274 435999
• Access Team - 01274 435400