Caledonia Care & Repair - Perth & Kinross

Repair and adapt your home in Perthshire & Kinross

What does it do?

Care & Repair offers free, confidential information and advice for older people and people with a disability who are homeowners or private tenants, to enable them to improve, repair or adapt their homes and stay comfortably in their community.

Caledonia Care & Repair is managed by Caledonia Housing Association and funded by Perth & Kinross Council.
• Do you live in Perthshire?
• Are you elderly or disabled?
• Do you live in your own house?
• Do you rent privately?
• Do you need to adapt your home?

Who qualifies?
You will qualify if you are of pensionable age and/or suffer from a disability, and have a net income of less than £200 per week if single or
£400 per week if a couple. You must also be a homeowner or a tenant where the repair is not the responsibility of the landlord & live in Perthshire, this should also be your only or main residence and not be on the market for sale.

Who it is for?

older people and people with a disability who are homeowners or private tenants

How to access or apply for it:

See contact details above. For a FREE home safety check call 01738 476 476.

Additional information:

How can Care & Repair help?
Care & Repair can help provide advice and practical assistance to enable you to stay independently in your own home.
• Disabled adaptation grants
• Small repairs
• Energy efficiency advice
• Safety & security advice
• Charitable applications
What is a small repair?
A small repair is where the work requested is not the responsibility of the landlord and aids welfare, safety and security.
A “small repair” is estimated to cost less than £300 and does not include work to gas installations, decoration, gardening or work to outbuildings.
Examples of the types of work to the home which qualify include:
• JOINERY – Replace door locks, small kitchen repairs
• BUILDER WORK – Repairs to front steps, patch roughcasting
• ROOFING – Replace missing slates,repair cracked rhones
• PLUMBING – Replace washers on taps
• ELECTRICAL – Move sockets, repair security lights

The Home Safety Officer

Caledonia Care & Repair works closely with the Community Safety Partnership’s Home Safety Officer, Stewart Nelson. The Home Safety officer aims to help reduce or where possible eliminate hazards present in the domestic environment, and can do the following:
• Checks on electrical equipment and gas appliances
• Checks on smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
• Checks on microwave ovens, furniture and other household goods
• Gas safety checks
• Crime prevention advice
• Fire safety advice
• Electric blanket testing
• Assessment to reduce risk of slips, trips or falls


Info last updated: