AdvocacyAdvocacy service for older people in Wakefield & District
What does it do?
The advocacy service is free and independent and aims to support older people to make informed decisions about their life, often at critical times.
Advocates support people to access health and social care services and specialist advice services and will visit across a range of community settings including care homes and hospitals.
How can the advocacy service help you?
- Advocates support people to access health and social care services
- Advocates can support you in accessing specialist advice services
- Advocates can help you to express and present your views effectively
- Advocates can negotiate and resolve conflict
- Advocates can help you to understand your rights and ensure that you are treated fairly
Who it is for?
For older people in Wakefield District
Where it is available?
Local service (Wakefield).
What it costs:
The advocacy service is free
How to access or apply for it:
See contact details above
Info last updated:
7 Bank Street, Castleford, West Yorkshire, WF10 1JD