Dementia Day Care ServicesDementia Day Care Services in Tunbridge Wells
What does it do?
Our new Dementia Day Care Service is now open. This service is run and managed exclusively by Age UK Tunbridge Wells within a purpose-built Day Centre at Hazeldene House, Romford Road, Pembury.
Most of us want our loved ones to remain independent for as long as possible, but sometimes a diagnosis of dementia makes caring for them a little harder than it used to be. Our new Dementia Day Care service combines a safe, enjoyable experience for them with an opportunity for you, the carer, to recharge your batteries for a day.
This service is run and managed exclusively by Age UK Tunbridge Wells within a purpose-built Day Centre at Hazeldene House, Romford Road, Pembury.
At the Day Centre we can offer people with dementia:
• Day Care from 9.30pm–4.00pm, or for a shorter period by arrangement
• A secure, peaceful environment
• Activities designed to engage and stimulate
• Help with personal care if required
• The opportunity to socialise with others within a small group – up to a maximum of ten clients per day
• A two-course lunch and refreshments
• Signposting to other services for carers
Who it is for?
If you feel that the person you care for might benefit from Day Care, please contact us and we will arrange to meet both of you to make sure that this is the right option for you. We might suggest that you visit the Day Centre to have a look round. Once we’ve agreed on the day or days (Monday to Friday) that Day Care will be needed, we can offer your loved one a four-week trial of the service.