Home Improvement Agency Service

What does it do?

We can help you organise adaptations and/or repairs to your home without the headache of arranging building works.

How does the scheme work?

  • You may have contacted us direct or we may have received a request for example from an Occupational Therapist or Grant Officer to assist you.
  • We start by visiting you at home, with no obligation to you.
  • We inspect your house and discuss with you the work that could be carried out.
  • We check you are receiving all the benefits you are entitled to and help you apply for those you are not receiving.
  • We will then advise you on the help that is available from us.

It is then your decision whether you wish to have all or some of the work carried out and if you require our assistance.

If you do decide to go ahead, we will: 

  • Prepare plans and specifications of work relating to the jobs you require.
  • Liase with your Occupational Therapist when designing adaptations for you.
  • Help you to get quotations from reliable contractors.
  • Help you apply for any financial assistance you are eligible for.
  • Supervise the work all the way through until it is completed to your satisfaction.

If your home is too big or unsuitable for adaptation
We can tell you about a range of housing options and give practical help if you decide to move to a new home. See separate information about our Housing Option Service.