Day CentreDay centre for older people in Sandwell
What does it do?
We run a full programme of activities, which includes many mental and physical stimulation exercises such as extend exercise, games, quizzes and art work.We also have a greenhouse and garden to grow our own fruit and veg or for our visitors to simply enjoy.
Several trips have taken place throughout last year, including theatre, museums, pubs and a garden centre.
Our lunch club is very successful, with healthy eating and special diets catered for. We have recently introduced a take-away service for tea-time sandwiches!
Working closely with a local training organisation and colleges, we host students for work experience and training towards their NVQ qualifications in Care.
Age UK Sandwell offers care and support services for older people and those who care for them.
Age UK Sandwell Day Centre is based in Beeches Road West Bromwich, and offers activities for older people aged 50+ including:
* Home cooked meals by our experienced cook - able to provide both Traditional English and Asian menus from our 5 star Standard kitchens.
* Exercise sessions and other physical activities such as Wii bowling to maintain and improve mobility.
* Day Trips/Days Out
* Quizzes and other group games
* Support with mobility problems and personal care from NVQ Qualified, trained and experienced Care Workers.
* All Day Sessions/Transport to and from the Day Centre for older people with greater care needs
* Morning or afternoon drop in sessions