Choosing the Right Care and Support
What does it do?
Choosing the Right Care is a project that provides an independent support and information service to anyone who requires any assistance in finding suitable care within the community or in a care home in the Oldham area.
We can offer practical help and support you with the issues surrounding moving into a care home or give you advice to find out and access other services which will help you to stay living independently in the community for as long as is possible.
Our service is free, impartial, independent and confidential.
What do we offer?
- Find out what you need to do if you feel that you or someone you care for needs help
- One to one support and advice provided by experienced staff to explain your options and help you to make your own decisions regarding your future care
- A recognised list of care providers - to help you stay living independently in the community
- A range of in-depth factsheets which deal with some of the care related issues which may affect you or someone you are caring for
- A useful information pack if you are considering moving into a care home
- Full details on the care homes in the Oldham area
- Access to current inspection reports on all care providers
- Help you find out about the current bed vacancies in care homes
- Help you to address specific financial concerns you may have when paying for care either in your own home or in a care home
- Make sure you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to
- Explain housing options and point you in the right direction
- Accompanied visits to alternative accomodation, if appropriate
- Co-ordination of suitable transport to view accommodation, if appropriate