Marion Road CentreDay centre for older people
What does it do?
At Age UK, we want to make later life the best it can be.
Marion Road Day Centre offers day care in a friendly, relaxed environment. We treat everyone as an individual and look after their needs.
We particularly welcome people living with dementia.We make sure that every day at Marion Road is one to lookforward to. You can take part in activities or simply enjoy the day asyou choose.
What does the centre offer?
• A safe environment
• Help with personal care
• Social activities• Hobbies and crafts
• Tasty meals made in our own kitchen
You are welcome to come for a free taster day, meet the team and find out if Marion Road is right for you.
We encourage everyone to take part in the activities on offer, but no one has to if they don’t want to. We never leave anyone by themselves or feeling left out.
• A variety of board games,crosswords, card gamesand quizzes
• Readings of short stories and poems
• Gentle exercise with a professional teacher
• Outdoor games, bowling and darts
• Our garden and summerhouse
• Arts and crafts
• A music teacher for sing-alongs
• Birthday and anniversary celebrations
• Reminiscence sessions and memory games
• Computer classes
• Visits from local school children to share experiences
• Holy Communion
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
What is dementia?
Dementia is a group of symptoms that occur when the brain is affected by specific diseases or conditions. Some of these symptoms can include memory loss, mood changes and confusion.
Often family members and carers notice signs or changes in behaviour that could indicate dementia.
What to look out for:
• withdrawing from social situations
• taking much longer to think about simple tasks or to respond to conversations
• forgetting familiar journeys or seeming not to recognise a familiar environment
Talking about your concerns is the first step and we can support you.