Community Foot CareCommunity Foot Care service for older people in Medway
What does it do?
In January 2015 Age UK Medway launched a new community foot care service, after the success of providing foot care at our day centre's.
If you're over 50 foot care becomes even more important, as age takes it's toll: your skin thins, your joints begin to stiffen and your feet become more vulnerable to the cold. Not to mention the added difficulty from failing eyesight!
It isn't normal to have painful feet, and you shouldn't have to put up with it. Investing a bit of time and thought into caring for your feet now, can prevent them causing you pain. Listed below is what we can assist you with;
- Cutting and filing toe nails, keeping them at a comfortable length
- Smoothing and moisturising dry and rough skin
- Checking for cracks and breaks in the skin, and inflammation such as blisters
- Looking for signs of infection like nail fungus or other obvious early problems, and seeking professional advice
- Choosing suitable socks and footwear
- Helping to cut finger nails
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
The service operates between the hours of 09:00 & 13:00. One happy customer said "It's like walking on air!"
If you would like to know more about community foot care please call us on 01634 401 099