Macmillan Cancer Support ProjectCancer Support Project
What does it do?
We can offer you support if you’ve been affected by cancer in any way,
Whether you are the patient, carer or worried about a friend or family member. Support is available at whatever stage of the cancer journey you are at. This project is provided in partnership between Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland and Macmillan Cancer Support.
How we can help you:
- By providing advice and information
- Signposting and contacting other agencies on your behalf
- Accessing practical support for independent living
- Support with claiming welfare benefits
- Encourage health and wellbeing through participation in leisure & recreational activities
- By providing information on social activities
- By offering a listening ear
- By providing support during palliative care
- By providing support following bereavement
Who it is for?
The Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland Macmillan Cancer Support Project is available to anyone overthe age of 50 who has been affected by cancer.