Free Handyperson serviceFree odd jobs for older people in Westminster, handyman
What does it do?
The handyperson scheme is a free service available to owner occupiers and tenants in Westminster who are over 60 or in receipt of a disability allowance. The service undertakes the following types of work for eligible customers:
- Minor repairs to defective stairs and floors
- Minor Plumbing jobs
- Replacing broken window or door furniture
- Re-fixing loose carpet
- Replacing light bulbs, plugs and fuses
- Small areas of tiling
- Fitting/replacing hand rails
- Re-hanging/adjusting doors
- Fitting grab rails
- Minor repairs to access paths and steps (not communal)
Who it is for?
Westminster residents aged over 60, or in receipt of disability benefit, can request free help from a handyperson.
The service covers minor works to a home such as replacing light bulbs and other small DIY jobs. It does not cover gardening, plumbing or decorating, and it is not an emergency service.
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
You can book a handyperson visit by calling: 020 7641 8959
Or apply online at https://www.westminster.gov.uk/handyperson