Money MattersMoney Matters Project in Cheshire
What does it do?
The service will provide ‘hands on’ practical support via home visits from Money Mentors which will include:
• Maximising income by claiming benefits
• Reducing expenditure by challenging debts and negotiating payment plans
• Comparing and switching utilities and services
• Arranging easy and convenient bill payments
• Reducing paperwork and unwanted mail
• Setting up simple and effective filing systems which people can then manage
• Decreasing other household costs
Who it is for?
The project addresses the issues of money management and debt problems facing older people across the whole of Cheshire. The project, which has been funded by the Big Lottery for the next 5 years, aims to provide older people with the skills, confidence and ability to manage their own money and bills more effectively. This will enable them to live more independently and be free from the threat of debt, financial abuse and doorstep crime as well as having a positive impact on their mental wellbeing.
Where it is available?
How to access or apply for it:
Please forward referrals to the project to:
The Money Mentor Co-ordinator
Age UK Cheshire, 314 Chester Road, Hartford, Northwich CW8 2AB
Tel: 01606 305020 Fax: 01606 881667