Independent Living ServiceIndependent Living Service in Cheshire
What does it do?
What is the Independent Living Service?
Age UK Cheshire’s Independent Living Service is for older people who want specialist information, advice, guidance and support to access the care and support they need to live as full and independent a life as possible. We can help you to take control and stay in control.
What help do we offer?
We help you through the process of accessing and arranging the support and care you require to meet your care needs and achieve your desired outcomes.
Our experienced Support Brokers are able to offer emotional support and reassurance along the way. Age UK Cheshire offer a Brokerage Service to help you as your circumstances may change.
We provide information and advice to enable you to:
- Make choices about your living arrangements
- Meet your support needs
- Stay independent and stay in your own home
- Tap into local networks and activities
- Work within your budget
- Obtain a welfare benefits check
We can support you with:
- Direct Payments and Personal Budgets
- Making contact with Social Services
- Accessing a Community Care Assessment
- Helping you with the Social Services Community Care Assessment process
- Advice on your rights and entitlements
- Researching and negotiating on your behalf
- Putting together your Support Plan
- Setting up your package of support
- Costing and money management
Who it is for?
Take Control – Stay In-control.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
How to access or apply for it:
How much help can we give?
We work with you and/or your family to plan and set up your support, providing as little or as much assistance as you need to put your support package in place.
Our skilled and experienced Advisors have access to a wide and varied range of information on local services and activities.
We can help you to look at what would make life better for you and assist you with finding the right support that best suits you.
The Support Brokerage Service promotes choice, control and independence of individuals and can include a mixture of free and paid for services through state or self-funding means.
We provide information, advice and support so you can remain in control.
We research the market place so you can make the choice.