LGBT- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender ServiceLGBT - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender services in London
What does it do?
What are the aims of the project?
- To reduce social isolation for older LGBT people
- To improve the social well being and mental health of older LGBT people
- To provide increased support for individuals from LGBT communities to remain independent and live at home for longer
- To increase awareness of the needs of older LGBT people within other statutory and voluntary agencies
How do we do this?
- Through holding regular social and other activities including monthly men’s, women’s and mixed social events
- By providing a telephone information and signposting service
- By recruiting LGBT volunteers to provide befriending to older LGBT people
- By providing community safety surgeries and advice sessions
- By working in close partnership with local and national agencies, and providing referrals to other relevant agencies and organisation
- By offering training to increase awareness of the needs of older LGBT people within statutory and voluntary agencies.
Please contact us if you would like to refer a client, or would like us to provide training or do a presentation to your organisation.
What kind of services do we provide?
- Social activities
- Monthly group events
- Computer classes
- Information & Advice sessions
- Volunteering opportunities
- Training and awareness sessions for statutory and voluntary agencies
Who it is for?
The Opening Doors London service, led by Age UK Camden, provides a range of services and activities for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) people over 50 in London
Where it is available?
Local service (Ealing, Enfield, Greenwich, Hackney, Hammersmith & Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Havering, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston upon Thames, Lambeth, Lewisham, Southwark, Sutton, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Wandsworth, Westminster, Barking & Dagenham, Barnet, Bexley, Brent, Bromley, Camden, City of London, Croydon, Merton, Newham, Redbridge, Richmond upon Thames).
How to access or apply for it:
See contact details above
Info last updated:
Tavis House 1-6 Tavistock Square, 1-6 Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9NA