Aster Living Care and RepairCare and Repair service heping you to adapt and repair your home
What does it do?
This service is focused on keeping housing warm, safe and secure, well maintained and suitably adapted to help maintain independent living in the home.
We offer a local, reliable and professional handyperson service to carry out small repairs and odd jobs no one else will do around the home and garden such as:
- minor plumbing works and changing tap washers
- fitting key safes
- putting up shelves, curtain poles and pictures
- fitting door chains, spy holes, locks and other security work
- fitting grab rails and handrails
- ramping works and general access
- trip and fall prevention
- gutter repair and clearances (low level only)
- garden clearance
- energy efficiency advice, heating and insulation and lots more
For larger handyperson works a competitive quotation will be supplied or for major repairs and adaptations we can refer you to our technical
Who it is for?
The Aster Care and Repair service provides advice and practical support to help you to enjoy an independent life in your own home.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
All our advice and information is free. But we may have to charge for any technical work. We'll also help you find ways to pay for the work, including local authority grants, loans and charitable funding.
How to access or apply for it:
For more information, call us on 0333 400 8299.
Check if you’re eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant
Disabled Facilities Grants are local council grants that will help towards the cost of essential adaptations to your home to enable you to continue to live there. You or someone living in your property must have a disability and you must either own the property, be a tenant or intend to live in the property during the grant period, which is currently five years.
Adaptations to your home that may be eligible to receive funding include:
- Widening doors and installing ramps.
- Improving access to rooms and facilities like stair lifts or a downstairs bathroom.
- Providing a heating system suitable for your needs
- Adapting heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use.
You may also be entitled to a reduction in your Council Tax bill if your home has certain features that are essential to you living there. Get in touch and we can tell you more.