Admiral Nursing Direct dementia helplineDementia advice national helpline
What does it do?
Do you have a question about dementia? Perhaps you’re concerned about changes in your own, or someone else’s, behaviour? Or maybe you want to find out more about support in your local area?
Our Admiral Nurses are here to help you. They can give you specialist practical and emotional support, on our dementia helpline through the phone or our email service.
Who it is for?
Who is the helpline for?
- Family or professional carers of someone with dementia
- People dealing with a diagnosis of dementia
- Those worried about their memory or the memory of a loved one
Where it is available?
What it costs:
The service is free
How to access or apply for it:
See contact details above
Our opening hours:
Monday to Friday: 9am to 9pm
Saturday to Sunday: 9am to 5pm
Open Bank Holidays, except 25th December
What to expect then:
What happens when I call?
- Our Admiral Nurses will listen to you and give appropriate advice and support
- You can take your time. There’s no time limit – many people call for more than 45 minutes – and you can call back whenever you need us
- You’ll receive a tailored information pack after your call which will be sent out in the post, if needed